Stonebank has been making top quality garden and estate ironwork since 1976. Our products are simple and beautifully designed. We have established a reputation for providing a personal and reliable service to all our customers.
Our customers include landscapers, garden designers, architects, estates and private gardeners as well as top garden centres. Our ironwork has featured in a number of award winning gardens and is regularly featured in the press.
The highest quality ironwork
- Our steel is shotblasted and primed (unless we are supplying a bare metal fence) prior to despatch to site, so there are no sharp burrs or unsightly lumps. We apply two top coats of paint on site.
- The fence is continuous. It is joined using a system of tapered welds at staggered intervals.
- Each top joint is welded to ensure no movement in the upright.
- There are no weak points that you would get with a modular fence which is 'clipped' together.
- Our system enables the fence to follow curves and contours effortlessly (unlike with fence panels, for example).
- Our posts are driven 600mm into the ground and we use a system of underground steel steadies to ensure extra strength and rigidity.
- We are able to offer a completely galvanised fence, although we only recommend this if the site is exposed to salt water or sea air.
Bespoke Ironwork & Special Commissions
- All our estate and park fencing is made to order and tailored to the project in question
- We fully survey sites prior to the final quotation to ensure we know exactly what ground conditions to expect and act accordingly. So for example where we deem the ground is soft we will increase the number of steadies, use concrete where necessary or increase our size specification for the upright posts.
- Likewise, in addition to our small range of “off-the-shelf” products, we specialise in making gates, pergolas, gazebos and arbours to our customers own specifications.
Full accountability and pride in our work
- We are proud of the work we produce. We do not believe in importing any components, nor do we believe in subcontracting the installation of our fencing to others.
- We only use our own fully trained staff for all installations, enabling us to deliver quality, integrity, timeliness and courtesy.
- We have a wealth of experience, an impeccable track record and are always delighted to supply references.